The information contained on this page is not to supplement or serve as formal documentation for regulations concerning the Association of Ethical Tennis Coaches and Players Operating Agreement and actual Engagement Contracts. The Operating Agreement which you will review during your application for Certification will serve as the governing authority, which you must agree to comply with and fully understand in order to proceed. The following is to help you understand Engagement Contracts and how the Association will govern their enforcement. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to GTP at any time.
Engagement Contracts have been created for Certified Athletes (18 years of age and older) and Certified Coaches, Trainers and Academies ONLY. Deferred compensation through Engagement Contracts is secured by 15% of a Certified Athletes future Tournament Winnings (prior to taxes and withholdings) for services rendered ONLY by a Certified Coach, Trainer or Academy. No Coach is entitled to more compensation than the services he or she provides. In order to execute and utilize Engagement contracts, you must first be Certified as a Member within GTP’s Association. In order to be Certified as an Athlete, Coach, Trainer or Academy, you must first:
CERTIFICATION AND APPLICATION:
- Review and fully understand the Operating Agreement governing the Association of Ethical Tennis Coaches and Players.
- You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older to be Certified as an Athlete. If an Athlete is under eighteen (18), the Athlete must be Certified as a Minor Athlete. (See Minor Engagement Contracts)
- Agree to submit and comply with standards set in the Operating Agreement by the Association.
- Fully complete and submit an Application as either a Coach, Trainer, Academy or Athlete to the Association. Please be advised, that submission of an Application grants GTP’s Association the right to conduct a Level 1 background check.
- Await Association’s Review Board decision on your application. (Approximately 3-5 business days)
- Upon Application acceptance, subscribe to the Association to complete Certification.
- Initiate Engagement, Engagement+ and Minor Engagement Contracts with other Certified Members.
- All Engagement Contracts can be converted to a Contracting parties native language for a fee, however the English version will always prevail.
- Engagement Contracts are specific to each Certified Member but are universally standard within each Association. The only portions of the contract that alter is the negotiated amounts of deferred compensation between a Certified Coach, Trainer or Academy and an Athlete.
- Maximum deferred compensation amounts per hour/day/week/month must be strictly adhered to. No Coach , Trainer, Academy and Athlete may negotiate and or agree to deferred compensation amounts of more than $750 for a one-Day contract, $3,500 for a one-week contract, or $13,000 per Month.
- Maximum contract length is three (3) months but extensions may be signed. No more than two (2) extensions per Contract will be approved.
- Maximum deferred compensation an Athlete may accrue under a Coaches Collective is $100,000 (USD) (including accrued interest).
- An Engagement Contract is not protected under the Association until the respective Association approves each Contract and ensures it complies to all standards.
- Once acknowledged, accepted and approved by the Association, Contracting Members may get to work.
- No Certified Athlete may have active Engagement Contracts with more than three (3) Certified Coaches at any one time. No Certified Coach may have active Engagement Contracts with more than ten (10) Certified Athletes at any one time.
COACHES COLLECTIVE AND DEFERRED COMPENSATION:
- All deferred compensation accrued by an Athlete is added to their Collective (or total amount of deferred compensation owed to a specific Coach, Trainer or Academy for services provided). GTP’s Association will hold all deferred compensation on behalf of the Certified Coach, Trainer or Academy to collect from the Certified Athlete.
- Held deferred compensation (Collective) accrues a 4% interest rate per year until paid in full. (No prepayment penalties)
- An Athlete is required at the end of each month, to make payments to GTP’s Association on 15% of Tournament Winnings (prior to taxes or withholdings) to pay off the Coaches Collective they have accumulated. For example, if an Athlete played in one Futures Tournament and earned $100, that Athlete is required to pay the Association 15% or $15 towards any outstanding Collective.
- Coaches, Trainers and Academies will be paid on a pro-rata basis based on their percentage of contribution to the Coaches Collective. For example, if Coach A is owed $1000 and Coach B is owed $2000, then on a $15 payment by an Athlete to GTP, Coach A will receive 1/3 while Coach B will receive 2/3 of disbursements (less the Association’s fee of 20% per the Association’s Operating Agreement).
- In the event an Athlete is unable to repay their Collective by their retirement (not having played 8 ATP/WTA/ITF tournaments in one year for two consecutive years), an Athlete is required to begin a payment plan on remaining deferred compensation (identical to a Certified Guardian with an Amateur Contract) in the following manner:
- This means, for Repayment Category A, if a Certified Athlete had $40,000 outstanding Collective and had a two (2) year period of not having played 8 ATP/ITF/WTA tournaments, the Athlete would be considered retired and the will commence a payment plan on 3.5% per quarter on $40,000. This equals $1,400 per quarter ($467.00 per month) or $5,600 per year to be paid directly to GTP. Should the Certified Athlete remain in Good Standing and make all payments for five (5) years in a timely manner, a balloon payment at the conclusion of 5 years will be required, or at the Association’s discretion, may extend the payment plan.
A Collective may be paid down at any time with no prepayment penalties.
EXCLUSIVITY, DEFAULT, BREACHES AND TERMINATION:
- Engagement Contracts have zero form of exclusivity. Since a Coach, Trainer or Academy is guaranteed compensation for his or her services at fair market value, exclusivity is no longer required.
- An Athlete may terminate a Contract for any reason without fear of tarnishing their reputation at any time with a Coach, Trainer or Academy. Should a contract be terminated, the Contract will become null and void and the deferred compensation amount will be prorated for the days that were completed.
- In the event a breach of Contract is filed, GTP will serve as an independent third party mediator to determine how much if any deferred compensation should be applied.
- Fair market value for everyone involved!